As an athlete, I try my best to eat with a purpose. I am always exploring new food, spices, and potions that will help energize, heal, and strengthen my body.
When I learned all of the powerful health benefits of turmeric I knew, I had to add this healthy spice into my diet. You may be wondering what Turmeric is? Turmeric is a root commonly found in curry powders and yellow mustard. It is also known to turn pretty much anything yellow! So be careful.
Turmeric helps with inflammation and joint pain along with an extensive list of other health benefits.
Here is one of my favorite ways that I enjoy turmeric. This lightly spiced drink is delicious and will have your body thanking you after drinking it. Be prepared, your hands will turn yellow! : )
Golden Turmeric Elixer
* 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
* 1 cup water ( if you would like it creamy then use almond or coconut milk instead of water)
* 1 cinnamon stick
* 1 1/2 inch piece of ginger unpeeled a thinly sliced
* 1 1 inch piece of turmeric or 1/2 tsp of dried turmeric
* 1 tablespoon of honey ( my favorite is Wedderspoon Wild Dandelion)
* 1 tablespoon coconut oil
* 1/4 tsp whole black pepper
Add all ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to a light boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10mins. Strain and enjoy!